RiverStone is a single-owner, master-planned industrial park. We are located on four-lane Hwy 221 South, approximately 15 miles north of the I-85 corridor and nine miles south of US Highway 74 (a major east-west corridor in Western North Carolina) that connects to Interstate 26. The park has 4,800 feet of frontage on both sides of US Highway 221 and 12,500 feet of frontage on the Broad River.
Click on any of the below topics to open up more details. Click again to close.
Rutherford County has excellent access to north/ south and east/ west interstate highways – allowing for safe and economical transportation of products.
|US 74 (4 lane, divided, limited access)||9 miles||East & West|
|US Highway 221 (4 lane, divided)*||0 miles||North & South|
|Interstate 26||23 miles||West|
|Interstate 26||26 miles||East|
|Interstate 40||34 miles||East & West|
|Interstate 85||15 miles||North & South|
* US Hwy 221 recently completed widening to 4 lanes byt the RiverStone Park from the SC line to US Hwy 74. Remaining approved bypass route by sections.
Over 450 trucking firms are located regionally, and Truck Services, Inc. is headquartered in Rutherford County.
Approximate Distances and Driving Times to Key National Locations
|City||Distance in Miles||Driving Time in Hours: Minutes|
|New Orleans, LA||660||11:00|
|New York, NY||700||12:15|
|St. Louis, MO||665||11:15|
The county is served by three commercial airports: Greenville Spartanburg International, Asheville Regional, and Charlotte Douglas International. All three are within an hour’s drive. Through these 3 airports, the county has access to all major US carriers for passenger service, both domestic and international. The Air Cargo Facility at Charlotte Douglas is recognized as the #1 industrial hub in the Southeast.
Private and light commercial aircraft are also served by Rutherford County Airport – Marchman Field, which can accommodate most executive and industrial aircraft on its lighted 5,000 ft runway. Rutherford County is also within 20-50 miles of six municipal and regional airports.
Charlotte Douglas International Airport
- Miles from county center: 64.4 miles
- US Airways hub
- 684 daily departures (Dec. 2011)
- Non-stop service to 138 destinations
- #1 industrial hub in the Southeast, and 7th largest nationwide in operations.
Greenville Spartanburg International
- Miles from RiverStone: 38.5 miles
- 60 Daily Departures (Feb 2012)
- Non-stop service to 18 major cities
- 120,000 S/F FedEx Cargo Facility
Asheville Regional Airport
- Miles from RiverStone: 58.2 miles
- 37 Daily Departures (February 2010)
- Non-stop service to 8 major cities: Atlanta, Charlotte, Chicago, Detroit, Houston, Philadelphia, Newark, and Orlando
- A“C-III” airport -designed to accommodate Airbus A-320-100 and a Canadair Regional Jet (CRJ-200) – A full Category I Instrument Landing System for Runway 16/34
Rutherford County Municipal Airport – Marchman Field
- Miles from RiverStone: 18.7 miles
- 5,000 X 100 foot runway; Asphalt surface; Medium Intensity runway edge lights
- Average 90 aircraft a day
- 44 aircraft based at the Field (single & multi engine aircraft, jets and helicopters)
N.C. Ports Tax Credits – Provides tax credits towards income taxes paid by businesses or individuals using ports facilities at N.C. Ports at Morehead City and Wilmington.
35 miles away in Greer, SC is the South Carolina Inland Port.